How should I take care of my stitches after a vaginal delivery?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Vaginal stitches usually heal between 7 and 15 days. You can try sitz bath (sitting in a tub filled with water and disinfectant-betadine) two times a day, or try sitting on inflatable ring (it won't add pressure to perineal stitches), or try hot and cold fermentation, use warm water to clean the vulval area, do some kegel exercises (increases blood flow to the vagina), and finally treat the vaginal area with care (don't rub it vigorously and avoid tight underwear).

Read more

Try to rest as much as possible and minimize walking to let the stitches heal better. My wound was swollen due abrasion of the stitches after too much of walking. After each pee/poop, wash with clean water and dab the area dry. As my gynae didn't give me antiseptic solution to wash, I used epsom salt and sitz bath tub to soak the wound in warm water for 10minutes 3times a day to let the wound heal better and to reduce any infection.

Read more

Riding onto Derpshikha's comment, I also use Earth Mama's bottom spray that I got from Mothercare at KK Hospital. It's a cooling, soothing perineal mist that helps ease discomfort of postpartum vaginal soreness and swelling, episiotomies and hemorrhoids.

Post reply image

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1411)

thanks