How often do we need to change milk bottles (not teats)? My milk bottles have turned cloudy from the sterilisation, wondering if it is necessary to get new bottles.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would check the bottles and the bottle nipples at least every 2 to 3 months for signs of wear and tear. Breast milk or formula should drip steadily out of the nipple, if the liquids comes rushing out, then the hole is too big and the nipple should be replaced. If the bottle and nipples are discoloured, this could be a sign that the bottle is not to be used further and is deteriorating. Also, look out for cracks, chips, or breaks. Your child could cut, pinch, or otherwise injure himself. This is especially dangerous if you use glass ones.

Read more

Just to add on, a guide would be every 3 to 6 months for the bottles. My friends usually changes the teats every 2 to 3 months. Just for reference as it pretty much depends on the usage, and the material of the bottle. As what Yuna has highlighted, discolouration and scratches are signs to indicate that the bottle needs to be changes.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

It is adviced to change every 3-6 months because it can get hairline cracks that can't be seen with the eye - especially if you only have a few bottles or keep warming and/or sterilizing the bottles. I change every 3 months, or as soon as the wordings start to fade away!

I replaced them every 4-6 months. If you use BPA free bottles, make sure you dispose it after six months, or as mentioned on the packaging box. If you use non-BPA free ones, change it within three months. But teats, I change every 3 months for hygiene reasons.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-13611)

I usually change it only when it is dirty and unable to washed off. I feel that bottles aren't that important as we sterilized it every time unlike teats, out lo are drinking from it daily.

I change it every 6 mths for the bottles if they are used at least twice a day. The moment I see stains, I will change it unless it can be cleaned.

try changing to glass bottles, then you dont have to change it frequently, if it is cloudy needs to change it any way

Influencer của TAP

I only change when they turn yellowish try getting ppsu bottles don't need change so often

I have been using my bottles for close to a year and they look ok - any need to change?