How much is your household allowance for a month if only one breadwinner in the family? How much do you spend on children and how old are they? How much is s/he bringing back monthly? Appreciate not providing answers like "depending the lifestyle wanted".

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I'm a single mother, 21 years old and I have a 2-year-old son. We're living with my parents so that's a lot of expenses being cut out already! I'm a work-from-home freelancer at the moment, so what I earn is largely dependent on whether I get jobs/projects to work on and how much people offer. I'm currently working on a month-long project for $1.5K, but the past few months I've been doing house cleaning just to cover our expenses - when I needed more to pay for necessities or insurance, I'd do more cleaning jobs. After this month, it all starts again. As for expenses, I don't really spend much. Other than diapers and wet wipes, the other expenses we have are probably just transport food and maybe ... the occasional treats like going out to play? My aunt helps us out by giving my mum some money to help us get groceries for my son's meals, that's about it I guess.

Read more

Hubby takes back abt $2000 after cpf deduction. I'm not given any allowance. If i need to buy groceries/household things or children's stuff, i will get it from him if i dun hv enough. Juz depending on hubby's allowance is really difficult to sustain.. Tatz y i'm oso wrking. I dun earn much. Juz earning extra so tat i can help to provide for e family. Diapers/wet wipes/milk powder alone cost around $120 per mth. LO now is 9mths old. There is no exact how much i spend on LO. We dun keep buying toys/clothes. So mainly is juz $120 for his necessities. But LO has been seeing doc since January.. His medical bills sums up to a total of almost $2k already.. We r at our wits end.. Hoping tat LO can faster recover..

Read more
7y trước

Thanks for sharing. I am seeing how other families can cope with the income vs the expenses. Learning to see how we can cope with too.

We have two kids, age 7 and 3. Both of us earn around $11K per month. Monthly household expenses is around $6.5K. Includes car loan, allowance to both side of parents, internet bill, utilities bill, phone bills, childcare and student care expenses, kids enrichment expenses, groceries (we cook 3 to 4 times a week), weekend entertainment expenses, insurance premium, education plans, etc. On months where we need to pay road tax, then the amount will spike up a little. Basically, other than the car loan which is the most draining for us, we don't have other outstanding loans. So can still save abit per month.

Read more

I believe the person asking knows that it's dependent on the lifestyle n etc. but is just asking a simple question so that one can gauge if one is spending too much or if the spending habits are normal. if every answer is 'depends', what's the point in asking any question or answering then.

Our household income is around $20+k. We spend about 8k on mortgage. $1k on maid. $1300 on preschool, $1k on insurance $1k on car, $1k on grocery. $1k on misc weekend expenses (dinner/drinks). About $6-8k every month goes into savings.

7y trước

How about your own expenses? Daily meals, shopping, parents allowance?

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-27886)

Thành viên VIP

For a family of 4 adults 1 kid, we spend about almost $3k a month not including property loan. We eat in most of the time. My hubby set a $5 per meal budget. I can send you our spreadsheet of expenses.

Thành viên VIP

Well. Initially u didn't state the way you want a person to breakdown. You could have state from the beginning. Different household have different spending quality.

It is depending on the lifestyle you want that's a fact. if i say i can live with $1.5k family of four. it wouldn't be the same for you as well.

7y trước

You are great. 5K also not enough to manage family of four.

It really depend on what kind of lifestyle do you want to be having. Daily homecook food is a way to save.

7y trước

^^ Anonymous wrote: "Appreciate not providing answers like depending the lifestyle wanted." Can you share what you spend exactly?