4 Replies

Yes tt's normal. I only put on abt 3kg frm my first appt at 8 weeks till end of 2nd trimester despite eating significantly more in 2nd tri. But frm 30th wk to 35th wk now, I put on close to 4kg with even much less food (easily full). Baby also growing rapidly now, frm just being 1 week ahead of his gestational week, now he's as big as a 38th week baby (actual 35th wk). So don't worry abt not gaining weight as long u consume enough nutrition (food and/or supplements), baby will be fine!

Yes normal. I only gained 1 kg throughout my whole 4 pregnancies (my gynae kept pressing me to eat more which I actually do before she says) and baby still comes out well and healthy. The eating for 2 is very wrong. Has been debunked. That's when you gained unnecessary weight. Eat as per normal but of course healthily.

my total weight gain for both preg is 7 to 8 kg.. all the weight goes to bb n waterbag plus placenta. immediately slim down within a week without exercise. just eat meat, egg, tofu which helps bb gain weight but not on mummy

TapFluencer

it's normal. I drop 5kg during 1st trimester. I start to gain weight in end of 2nd trimester. I gain a total of 22kg in 36 weeks pregnancy

Trending Questions