How much water should I best give to my 6-month-old after feeding solids?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Based on articles I've read, there's really no amount of water prescribed for a 6-month old baby. Even formula fed babies also do not routinely need extra water. Some sources suggest offering water to a formula fed baby when temperature is very hot (though baby may prefer to get extra water from more frequent feeding), or when baby is sick with a fever, cough or colds. Although in one article, pediatrician recommends that baby should drink no more than 2-3 ounces a day. You do not want the water to displace the intake of breast milk and/or formula. But again, it's still always best to consult your baby’s doctor for guidelines.

Read more

My sister gives an ounce of water a day. Her daughter is feeding solids as well and milk is still her primary nutrition. According to the kid's pedia, an ounce may do so she wouldn't feel so full at all, there can still be room for milk during next feeding time. After all, milk is more nutritious so it's best to be offered more often than water which contains no nutritive value

Read more

Once your baby is 6 months old, it's okay to give him sips of water when he's thirsty. Don't overdo it, though, or you might give him a tummy ache or make him too full to eat well. After his first birthday, when your baby's eating solids and drinking whole milk, you can let him drink as much water as he likes.

Read more

When your 6 month old baby is learning to use a cup, giving him a few sips of water a couple of times a day( no more than 60 ml) is fine and fun. Once baby starts solids, you might want to give him a few more sips of expressed milk or water with his solids. Some babies need this to prevent constipation.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-10878)

Sips of water may do. If breastfed, just continue breastfeeding. Read cues from your baby. If he/she turns head away, then probably he/she feels full already.

Super Mom

A few sips will do.. Cannot exceed 60ml of water in 24hours.

About 60ml is enough in 24 hours

Thành viên VIP

Oh