For how much time do you allow your child to watch TV or engage in gagdets?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally, I allow my 33month old boy to watch TV not more then an hour a day. On special occasions if it is really necessary I would then allow him to engage in his tablet. Otherwise the television is a better option. Top much TV can be a bad thing. if used in the right manner it can also be educational. Pros: Preschoolers learning Alphabets. Older kids to learn about wild life nature documentary. Keeping up to current events and even news for both parent and child. TV can be an excellent educator and entertainer if used in moderation. Cons: Children who consistently spend more than 4 hours per day watching TV are more likely to be overweight. Kids who view violent acts on TV are more likely to show aggressive behavior. TV characters often depict risky behaviors, such as smoking and drinking, and also reinforce gender-role and racial stereotypes. In short, everything is good with moderation.

Read more

Delaying your kids engagement with gadgets and TV will help with their social and mental development. You can allow 1 hour of TV once your child is older than 4 or 5 years. Personally my child wouldn't have a smart phone or tablet until they are 13-15 years old and unless they really need it.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-13315)

I allow my child only 1 hour to watch TV not more than that , and only if he has completed his homework on time or did something appreciable i allow half an hour more being on tablet and TV is harmful for your child