Pocket money for P6

How much pocket money would you give a Primary 6 kid and a Sec 1 student? Food is not cheap in school tuckshops anymore! Then there's stationery, soccer cards, after school outings at McDonald's.... #pocketmoney #allowance #teens

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Pricing of food varies from Sch to Sch. So u got to “play by ear”. For sec Sch, I give $50 a week. For pri Sch, $2.50 each day. From sec Sch, I let them learn to manage their money. They cannot get extra if they overspend or want to eat at Macs. They have to learn to portion it nicely from the weekly allowance given and they also must learn to save (min 10%) from that. Transport is separate. That I will top up their ez-link for them.

Read more

Have a friend whose son started secondary 1 this year. She gives him $45 every week and he is supposed to manage his own spending. If there is a need to pay for extra stuff for school (class fees, buying books for school, going on school trips etc) he can ask from my friend. Otherwise, going out with friends will have to come from his own savings and his money management skills.

Read more

I give my daughter $4 a day she not that spending much person. Secondary thing not that expensive, is quite same as primary school. Food is about 50-80 cent different. For my son I give $2 everyday for pri he never complain less he will ask if he wanted some more for assessment book

$2.50/ day for P5-6, $2/ day for P3-4, $1.50/ day for P1-2. It buys one set meal at recess. Kiddos are expected to drink plain water from the cooler or water bottle or a packet drink brought from home. $2-4 for school lunch.

P6 I say $2.50 Sec 1 on a daily basis $4, but if he/she has extra class or CCA, then $6-7 bah

Thành viên VIP

Depend on pricing of the food. Primary 6 should be $3-$5, Secondary 1 should be $5-$6

$8 Per day : $4 for food $4 for drinks on days where got cca or extra class $17.50

Read more
Influencer của TAP

my P5 child has not asked for pocket money... been bringing food from home

$4 for primary 6, $5 for Sec 1 not including essentials for school.

Thành viên VIP

Hi... between $3 to $6