6 months old baby feeding routine.

How many times a day do you feed purees to your 6 mths old baby? Currently im feeding my baby twice. Breakfast and dinner, and breastfeed in between. Alotof breastfeeding. Not sure if need to increase the purees feeding to maybe 3 times a day? Also pls share your baby's fav purees so maybe i can try too. TIA mummies!!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My PD advised me to feed my baby 3 times a day since he has been taking solids well since 5 mo. I think it depends on ur baby if he/she shows eagerness to eat. Of coz milk is still their main feed. My baby loves pear, carrot, banana and Cerelac rice cereal. When I first started I gave him more milk in his puree and then slowly decrease it. Avocado wld be a good choice too as it's not sweet and has good fats in it. My baby usually seems fuller and more satisfied aft eating rice cereal and avocado. Can also try pumpkin. Now at 6.5 mo I added some small pieces of broccoli in his rice cereal. At the same time too, I let him suck on the fruits itself. BLW is good too as it helps them to transition to real food faster.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

For now, milk is still their main nutrients. Purée is just to slowly introduce solid to them. If you are pumping milk out then pour more and feed your baby. Avocado, banana, apple, pear, spinach.