How involved is your Husband in your children's lives? I'm just disappointed that my husband doesn't seem ready to be a Father yet. He's not young, he's just like a blockhead. I tried to send him articles to read, encourage him to read up more about pregnancy and how to handle kids as a first time parents. He's excited about having kids but he's not doing anything else. I added him in Fb mummies n daddies group so that he can read those queries that mummies daddies post. Because of some complications in pregnancy I gotta quit my job. So I'm so free to Google n check things out. Like what milk bottles to buy, breast pump, milk powder, diapers, when's baby fair what to buy at the fair etc etc etc etc. So I asked him for opinion he will be like "I'll check" but he NEVER GET BACK TO ME. I ask again n again on separate days. There's a upcoming baby fair and I said the baby fair don't seem to sell the Sterilizer I want. He's like what you want ; Oh, then how? I was mad. I mentioned Hanil like 10-20 times before?!! Is he even listening. I scolded him, don't think u are the only one working now u can't don't care anything. Because next time I'll go back to workforce and I can foresee I'll be only one handling both of them (I'm Expecting twins). I'm too is a ftm but I dislike how he know nuts and still doesn't seem to be worried. I even create excel spreadsheet to let know how what is needed for mummy and babies if anything he don't know he has to ask me or Google but he didn't even read through the spreadsheet. don't get me wrong he's a nice Husband, he massage me Every night even wash my feet for me because I can't bend down to reach. How can I make him be more involve in pregnancy n get him ready to be a daddy ?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is super normal. My husband also does this. Just hack care everything and let me handle all. Only the 1st few months baby is born, he will feed milk once in a while. But never once change diapers and bath baby. Even baby's bottle etc all is i choose rather than my husband.. my husband doesnt even bother to massage or anything for me when im pregnant. But when lo is out, he will play with lo etc. So when lo come out he will get involve. Dont worry.

Read more

I think it's normal. Many times men just want to solve the problem. Different from us women. But that does not mean he cares any lesser. Men get scared too. They are very sensitive. Also ill just choose myself. Don't bother telling too much about the details. They don't understand. Get him to do other stuffs instead, like asking him to accompany you. Men on the whole don't read such links and details. They leave it to the mummy.

Read more

well, mummy, relax.. I guess it's pretty normal for guys to be that way... my husband also not very involved during my pregnancy and he is also a blockhead. most of the things I'm been doing myself.. he can't handle my lo if need to coax to sleep, partial because lo is still comfort latching.. perhaps guys r just out of respect to let mums to decide what we want for our babies.. mayb this is their way of showing their love for us..

Read more
Thành viên VIP

totally normal! it's not your husbands strength to learn all these stuff - just give him specific instructions on what to do, write it down even better. your husband is good for giving you massages and doing stuff, buying you food and stuff you like and playing g with baby when they come.. but don't ask him to use his brain!

Read more

once your twins are out he will be very enthusiastic to help! Before I gave birth my Husband like bo chup becoz he dunno anything but My Husband become very enthu and hands on when my kids are born and now he can handle kids better than me! Think positive! Get ur Husband involved when lo are born

7y trước

This has only a 50% chance of being true. Let's be honest and helpful, please.

My husband is very hands on. He makes all the baby's food, from the time the LO started solids. We never introduced commercial baby meal. All were homemade by hubby. He also does his share of changing diapers, showering the LO.

7y trước

The first line of the post says "how involved is your husband in your children's life?" She just replied to that question. There's nothing wrong with what she said.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-23398)

your husband is totally normal! take it when it comes is the best thing i can say. regarding buying stuffs, I'll just buy no need to ask them for too much opinion. men don't care about such details as much as we do.

Thành viên VIP

Very normal! In fact i prepare everything myself from the first baby till now the 3rd one. Husband doesn't know much about brand’s or even the purpose so don't fret so much! once bb out it will be different

Read more
Thành viên VIP

i am a sahm because i wanted to commit fully to my girl. my hub will put in effort to spend time with us. end of the day, we give n take. i dun expect him to do a lot as he is the sole breadwinner