How do I take care of my newborn boy’s circumcision?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The most important thing is to make sure baby's penis after circumcision is clean. At every diaper change, gently wipe away any poo that may have come near or into contact with the circumcised penis. Use a gentle, unscented soap and warm water and allow the area to dry on its own to prevent irritation. It's preferable to stick with sponge baths until your baby’s penis is healed. Soaking baby in baths could introduce germs and aggravate the wound even more. Also, try to change baby's diapers as soon as he pees or poos so that the circumcised area will not be exposed to germs for too long. You can read other tips for circumcision care here: http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/circumcision-care

Read more

Blood staining of the diaper is common after circumcision. During the first 24 hours, check your child’s diaper at every diaper change for active bleeding. It is normal to see spots of blood no bigger than a two-dollar coin (about an inch wide), but you should see a doctor if there is more blood. Bathe your child frequently Prevent skin sticking Apply a barrier ointment

Read more

Keep clean and use vaseline after finish cleaning tat wound. Use washable nappy for 5 days after operation. Dont take bathtub if wound not heal yet. Just wipe him instead of bathtub

4y trước

For my son, no bath around 7 days after operation

my baby boy was circumcised 3 days after birth and i didnt bath him.. if i want to change his diaper I don't touch his penis for 5 days. after that the pain will gradually disappear

When I had my baby boy I dab the circumcision with olive oil anytime there is a diaper change. Let's say 4 to 5 times daily till the wound healed

For non-Muslim, why would u wanna circumcise your boy? For hygiene? Or religion? Or myth that circumstance will result in large dick?

Hi dear, sorry to over ride i was wondering if you had successfully did thr circumcision for your boy?

thanks