12 Replies

It really depends on gynae and yes for subsidised route seems they're more stingy on HLs. I'm currently in my 35th week and due to my frequent early contractions since 5 months and on medication, tgt with chronic asthma, my gynae gave me HL starting frm 34th week. He even wanted to give me at 32nd week but I had to reject cz I had lots to prepare as a teacher before I leave. I'm with Parkway btw. My colleague who went via the subsidised route in KK couldn't get any HL but as soon as she converted to private, just like other mommies here, her gynae offered her HL straight away, but gynae also told her if her work don't require her to stand and walk alot or allows for WFH, she might not get it too. So yes, ur job plays a part too.

I'm in KKH sub route and my doc issued me HL from my 36th week onwards coz he says it's a normal practice when I asked him when my HL will commence. He is aware that I am working in events industry, but did not mentioned that my job nature is one of the factor that he issued 4weeks before my EDD. On another note, not sure if it's because he is an associate consultant (kinda inexperience I guess?) hence following the book since he mentioned it's normal practice? Nevertheless, you can just ask your doc and share your concerns if you think you'll prefer a longer or shorter HL. You know your body and how you're coping with your work best :)

my first and 2nd pregnancies were complicated. i had complete placenta previa. once i started bleeding, i had to be on HL cos i was supposed to be on complete bed rest. my company policy states that i cannot use HL and ML consecutively. so i had to apply for 2 months HL, 1 day AL and 4 months ML. try to talk to your doctor and express your concerns. is your job physically challenging at this current state? can let your gynae know. some are very understanding. some go by the book cos to them is cannot anyhow give HL. if possible take HL otherwise your MC wasted. also can check with your HR if your company policy is similar to mine.

I am on 2weeks HL now before my planned maternity leave. During my 36wks check up i am at 2cm dilated dr asked me if i need MC and i said i max up my mc, can i have 2wks HL until my ML? Then she asked me where I work, i think depend on what line of work you do. I am a nurse and it is physically tiring, i cannot take care of my patients if i am the one who is uncomfortable and not walking properly(waddling and slow move) You should talk to your Dr and explain why you need HL. I am under NUH private :) goodluck!

Anyway Dr explained to me that company will question them if they give HL, thats why now i understand why Drs cannot give HL so easily. It depends on your case/situation. Otherwise they can give MC easily coz it is MOM policy.

I switched from KKH Sub route to KKH private at week 35. now I'm currently week 36 day 3 and my edd is 3 Nov. luckily my gynae understanding (my job needs to work weekend and also need to commute etc), she gave me HL for 2 weeks plus. sidetrack a bit, I was surprised at the waiting time for KKH private though. we headed early for our appt but still waited for close to 2 hrs - way past beyond our scheduled appt. When in subsidised route, it was all smooth and on time and short waiting time.

Honestly, if ure under subsidy route, you will not get.. for the above reason mentioned above also dctr will say that 'it is normal' i got HL at 34weeks but under private kkh. Same exact reason like urs my condition BUT i just gave birth last year and then got pregnant again so dctr definitely know i have not heal properly so thats the reason why she approve my HL at 34weeks..

I changed from private KKH to private NUH as the waiting time for private KKH is 2-3 hours long, not something I expected for a private service... I'm 34 weeks in now and on HL. I heard from my friends that KKH is hard to get HL unless your situation is really bad. Praying you have a smooth delivery 🙏

wow HL on 34 weeks is so good. is it cuz of work related reason or cuz of medical reason? will be grateful if u could share ur gynae

EDD 21th Jan.. work as Service crew working 50h a week.. and under KKH Private because I'm foreigner.. how make planning for take AL, MC, HL, and ML properly.. AL still have 8days MC still have 12days HL still have 46days ML still have 16weeks how to manage the leave

plan ML 1st. when you want to start because by MOM law, you can start up to 1 month before your EDD but your EDD is next year 2024. company will reset your MC & AL. if you never use this year, usually they will bring forward but limited number only. you have to know how your company works with the leaves.

As soon as i converted to private gynae @ KKH at 35w straight away she ask me if want to start HL 😂 so it depends on the gynae, but i heard kkh quite strict abt HL unless you really need. Depends on the gynae. You can try request on your next visit

can you share who is ur gynae at kkh?

I got 34 days HL(until EDD) as i scored the questionnaire quite high. So my Dr gave HL without questions. Also my baby has large vsd could be the reason as well. Im with NUH private

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles