Hi my parents in law have been of great help in helping me to take care of my kids as I am a working mum. But my mother in law likes to make noise about how I run the household and also scold my helper when she doesn't do things her way. I don't want my helper to get pissed off at her and am also afraid that she will not want to work for us. Any tips? Should I get my helper to listen to her and do things her way or do things my way?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You have to talk with your mother-in-law regarding youer helper, tell her that she has to treat this poor lady like a decent person regardless of the situation. You can always overtake the authority in your household in a subtle way that she will not be offended, like compromising. If she wants to do this you can say "oh that's a good idea but i really really wanna do this but we can do that some other day, can you help me?" You can do it sister!

Read more
4y trước

I was in a similar situation. After sharing my concerns with my mil it became worst. She became emotional, didn't want to acknowledge my presence for 2 weeks. After i had my child in her presence when such bad conflicts happens she would tone it down a notch to the helper. Grandma has to set a good example in a child's eyes...