Hi Mummy, pls help. Before the 1 week holiday, he was ok to go to his childcare. But after I brought him for holiday for a week, he refuse to go school, and always said wanna be with mummy. I asked him why he didn't like school, then he said he doesn't want to be scolded by his teacher. My son is the quiet and shy type. But this morning after I said what my son said to me to her, she said she didn't scold him. After I left him, I felt sorry, will the teacher think that I was acusing her? Can I confront her like that, but I said with a smile, I didn't sound angry. I really don't know what to do, or I worry to much.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is very normal, after school holidays they will feel sad to go to school. My 6 years old still behave like this because she misses parents and sibling at home. My daugther also claimed that teacher in school is very fierce and she scared teacher scolding her. But after I tried to ask more details from my girl I realise actually it was teacher scolding other students and she is afraid. I tried to explain to her why the teacher is fierce and scolding (class got class rules etc.). It is perfectly fine for you to check with the teacher on what is going on. I don't think this will offence her since your tone is just checking instead of accusing. I always chat to teacher to understand more on what is going on with my daugther in school.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

It is better to clear the air. Children don't always speak the truth, so you can't always take your son's word as the truth. They might lie to avoid punishment, so do try as much as possible to find out what actually happened from both parties before deciding on the next course of action. I'm sure the teacher won't feel that way, unless you went up to her and rebuked her on the spot before finding out what actually happened.

Read more

Thats totally fine if you confront the teacher at least you are keeping things crystal clear.

thanks