Hi mummies, any of your baby keeps crying when you first start using the baby carrier on him/her? If yes, did things get better after you keep getting them use to it? TIA.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It will take time for baby to get used to being "trapped". There are many factors to consider when baby is fussing in a carrier. It could be that baby is hot or stuffy. Usually going into an aircon area will help or use a small portable fan. It could also be baby is not sitting right and comfortable enough. Will be great if you can look at a mirror to see if baby is properly placed. It could also be baby is too tightly held in. I will always give my boy his hankie when he is in the carrier and try to keep him as cool as possible. If we are feeling hot, it will be hotter for them as they are fully surround with our body heat. My boy still fuss and cry when I stop in motion but once I start walking, he will be quiet and look at the things around him. If baby is still small, you can walk around and pat him/her a little to allow baby to sleep.

Read more

No matter what carrier type you use, there is a learning curve for both the baby and the wearer. Try wearing when baby is in a good mood like when they are just newly fed/nursed. You may also try to sway a little, bounce a little, talk to baby while putting them in a carrier. If it's hot, make sure to wear light clothes. Make sure all adjustments are ok so that both of you are comfy. Also, try wearing a few minutes each day until he gets the hang of it. When we started with a hybrid wrap (baby k'tan) he would usually cry and stretch his legs but after fixing him in the carrier and i start walking, he would fall right to sleep. Now, whenever he sees the carrier he would bounce up and down in excitement.

Read more

I had my first carrier (SaYa SSK) when my daughter was 2 months. I got so excited to try it on her only to find out that she doesn't like it at all. She was whining! What i did was just try and try and while trying, i was dancing and moving around to calm her down. And after some time, she got used to it and she liked it ever since. She loves being carried! yey!! It was amazing! the sad part was i have to let go of my first carrier because i felt that she was getting bigger and heavier in SaYa. So i got a SSC for a replacement!

Read more

There are some babies who needs getting used to being carried no matter what type of carrier you use. Try to babywear when baby is calm, full and relaxed. It also helps when you try to carry him in a different room or surrounding. The wearer should also be relaxed as babies can sense tension. This also happened to me on our first tries. I practiced several times until I had enough confidence and when I had the confidence I felt my baby eased up. A little bit of swaying also helped. My baby loved it and fell asleep right away!

Read more

Try carrying your baby when they are calm, full and happy. Do not attempt to do it when they're grumpy and sleepy, you will not achieve the carry you like for the baby. Starting to carry them while they're young is also an advantage. As for me, I started carrying my son when he was 1 month old using a ringsling. Practice often until they get used to it. And yes, try other types of carriers, that's also one thing to consider. Babies may be comfortable with one carrier and some may not. Patience is the key, and determination.

Read more

My baby cried as well when we tried our carrier but what we did is play with him while on the carrier for him to enjoy it. Make sure that he is comfortable with the carrier that you bought. cause some babies don't want the feeling of being wrapped tight. My boy loves the soft structured than the ring sling. And yes. It gets better and better until he gets used to it. He loves to be in his carrier when we travel. He's even able to sleep while on the carrier.

Read more

My boy cries a lot when I trying to wrap him. But usually when I am about to finish wrapping, he will calm down and fall asleep in a couple of minutes. Same goes for ringsling tho I feel he takes longer to fall asleep in that. Once asleep he can sleep past his next feed a little even if it is getting hot - so I guess it's just the initial part - like swaddling baby

Read more

my son at first seems irritable on his carrier, but after some time he became comfortable with it, in fact he is now excited cause he knew that when he is in his carrier we will go out to the mall and he enjoys it a lot.

Thành viên VIP

My baby cried murder every time we put her in a ring sling but she loves being in a an ergo carrier. I suggest trying different types of baby carrying method to see which one she adapts to. :)

yes at first. try to wear your baby when he/she is in a good mood. try to rub your baby's back, sing at sway sway him. and just wear your baby most often so he can get used to it