Hi mummies, how do u normally clean up after LO latch on? As in cleaning the nipples.

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I clean my nipples using cool boiled water before offer to my baby for latching especially during confinement period as I tend to sweat more after taking confinement food. I did this until baby is about 4 months. When I am outside, I will use nipple wipes to wipe before latching as it is more convenient. http://www.nuk.sg/products/breastfeeding/productdetail/index.html?p=created_1334281700_unique<y=&lid=6&pp=order_info&lang=en

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I...don't...clean...up. I don't wash my nipples before latching my baby as well. I wonder if it's considered unhygenic. If there's excess breastmilk after pumping or latching, I just smear it over my nipples and body and let the milk air dry. I believe in its moisuturising properties. I've never had cracked nipples, so the breastmilk must be working.

Read more
7y trước

I do the same as well. I just let my nipples dry by themselves.

Nope I don't clean up either. My breastmilk can be a little sticky but I believe it's good for my nipples. I also don't think that baby's saliva is dirty. Cleaning too often also dries up the natural oils of your skin. The main reason is also after latching sometimes I feel so tender that I just want to keep it away. Lol.

Read more

I don clean but I use the milk + apply nipple cream to the nipple to prevent from drying and abrasions. Every few days, I'll use a toothbrush to brush off the milk residue while bathing (advised by my confinement nanny). Can just get a cheap one with extra soft bristles and set aside just for the nipple brushing.

Read more

U don't need to do anything. U don't need to do anything before, u don't have to do anything after either. U want can get a clean tissue to wipe w water but totally optional. Don't use anything that will leave a residue on u. But really don't need to clean - I went a few workshop never hear them emphasis on clean

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-982)

I don't do anything. Before of after. I just feed, latch and close up. If you want to clean just use a wet and warm washcloth to gently wipe the residue. However, i never knew if it must be cleaned.

our pediatrician suggest to not clean the nipple any soap or cream whenever LO is feeding or not, just to prevent LO from consuming any product. just wipe it with a warm damp cloth :)

yes, with warm water every night before bed time ,after breastfeeding or if too sweaty. I also put nipple oil to repair it from too much latching, it became sore.

Nope I don’t. I did read somewhere before that the bacteria around our nipples are good ones. I just bathe myself whenever I get home from outside.