low milk supply..

it has been 5 days aftr giving birth to my LO.. im pumping/latching every two hours.. each session ½ hour at least.. supply each time about 30ml in total for both sides.. feels so little..:( anyone experiencing th same? wt should i do??

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will not suggest lactation products cos they can be too expensive but I noticed the ingredients are all the same - oats, flax seeds and most important galactogogues which is found in herbs. Maybe bake yourself to save $? I've been eating oats biscuits and drinking hot Milo which also helps to boost my breastmilk. I'm 1 mth post partum and like you I can only yield about 20-30 ml each time on both breasts. Don't pump for too long or you might end up with mastitis which I did and it was damn painful, I had it massaged during my post natal massage. We make the most milk in the morning and night. 20 mins after you've latched your baby, pump for 25 mins on both sides. I've tried and yielded about 40-50mls everytime. I learnt this from a lactation nurse from Instagram and it works! I don't pump at night cos too sleepy and exhausted but I latch my baby (sometimes) and I'll always end up with wet bra in the morning. Pump 10-15 mins for the rest of the day. Breastmilk takes sometimes to supply more. The more empty your breasts are, the more it'll make. It's like giving them the signs to make more milk which they did. Get yourself a milk collector (to collect your letdown) and also a Haakaa pump. I'm using those 2 and also an electric pump. I put the milk collector in my bra when I needed to go out (for doctors appt, etc.) The Haakaa when your baby is nursing on 1 side and put the Haakaa on the other side of your breast to collect the letdown. Then the electric pump for the rest of the day. I've managed to collect stash too with these 3 products. Try not to make yourself stress bcos it'll affect your supply. All the best!

Read more

Hi! It’s normal to have that amount during the first few days. Your body takes a while to create more supply. Just do your best. Pump at least 6-8 times a day. You can pump even after latching to make sure your boobs are empty. Then u can try to massage your boobs before pumping or latching to stimulate the flow. You can also take warm towel and put on your boobs for a while. Other than that, make sure you’re pumping efficiently. Check if your flange fits your nipple well! Try drinking oat milk or eating oat cookies, basically anything with oats to help increase your supply. Be patient and don’t stress as stress can bring down your supply. Your body needs time to adjust to the new demand. But keep going at it! 💪🏼

Read more
Thành viên VIP

lactation cookie/brownie offer just a few teaspoons of milk-boosting herbs spread throughout the entire batch and then are drowned in SUGAR and CARBS to mask the taste. Some lactation cookies have as much as 25 grams of sugar in one serving - that's the maximum amount of sugar most women should have in ONE DAY. So dont take too much of lactation cookie, its not good. Try something else to boost milk supply, such as legendairy milk supplement, and also eat oats, spinach etc. Its healthier. Heard a lot of good reviews about the supplement. Maybe you can try and look out for reviews and see if u want to try. I will try the supplement once i give birth to my girl.

Read more

My wife had that problem too. But she Started taking lactose cookies and then we tried this.. https://legendairymilk.sg/products/cash-cow?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjo_b5L2h7wIV2QkrCh3bMASCEAAYASAAEgJYofD_BwE It’s quite expensive but really good. Please remember to drinks lots of water and eat more.

Read more

Dear take lactation tea! Innate from @beauteprestige or Miezadelle! It boosts your milk within 2 hours, makes your milk thicker and fuller so your baby gets enough nutrients from the ingredients, dates longan goji berries etc! My baby sleeps so well after each feeding!

lactation cookies helps.. can also take a look at horigen brand breast pump from ourlittlelamb.com.. their patented 3D pumping technology helps generation of oxytocin, which helps milk flow

Thành viên VIP

Hahah. Same. When I was at day 4 and 5 I felt so useles because I had only 30ml for each pump but now week 3 I’m at 180-200ml each pumping session

Super Mom

It’s normal. Will get more gradually. Remember to drink 3l of water daily. Or drink 500ml whenever u pump /latch . So u won’t forget

Influencer của TAP

It's normal to have that amount at the beginning. Will increase gradually.

Try schonemama massage!