small nasal bone

Just had my scan today at 20 weeks and doctor found out that my baby's nasal bone is smaller as normal average will 4.5mm but mine is 3.2mm.really worried and the doctor wanted to do another test.should i for it or not?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

If the test is the amniocentesis, there is a small risk of miscarriage from the test. If you’re going to keep the baby regardless, then you may want to skip the test. If it’s a blood test for you, then it’s safe for baby.. and the decision whether to go for it depends on whether you want to know whether there are any genetic issues.

Read more

Hi mommy, care to share wif me if u took the amnio test. Or whats the outcome now after another scan? I'm going through the same situation. Praying and hoping that baby nasal bone will grow... I gt 8more weeks before my next scan.

hi mummy my daughter had the same diagnose just that her nasal was measuring 2mm. N My daughter was born all fine n healthy. And nope hubby n i were not comfortable doing any test (personal choice).

Thanks ladies but im afraid of the risk of miscarriage after reading this.https://www.healthhub.sg/live-healthy/945/pregnancy-down-syndrome-tests

My baby nasal bone was absent and doc recommended me for NIPT so I went ahead for peace of mind but need to wait for 10-14days for result.

Thành viên VIP

You should go for it and don’t think too much into it, follow the gynae. I believe they have our best interest in mind, Jiayou!

Depends on what test. If the test is not harmful to bb, I will do it. Ask ur gynae for opinion. Best wishes

Which test? The harmony test or the one with risk. Best is chvek with doctor. Best wishes

5y trước

Yeah better to seek 2nd opinion. Cos I remember amnio has mild risk. Good the best!! Keep us posted of good news k!

Pls check with doc for advise as they are the ones with the most experiences..

Hi, Yes it is better to get the test done so that you don't worry continuously