Passing large clots and tissue after D&C

Had a missed miscarriage, found out at 11 week scan that baby stopped developing at week 8. Scheduled a D&C the following day. Just completed the D&C today and went home to this on the same evening (sorry its graphic). One of the tissue I passed was more of like a sac/membrane than a clot. Completely filled my maxi pad twice in 4 hours. Should I be concerned? I read online that clots larger than a dollar coin is cause for concern. But could this happen fresh out of D&C? Thank you ❤️

Passing large clots and tissue after D&C
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

So sorry to hear of the miscarriage dear sista. During a "normal" miscarriage, vaginal bleeding is usually heavier than a typical menstrual period. Immediately seek medical help if your bleeding is heavy enough to soak through a menstrual pad (regular, not maxi or mini) in less than an hour.

Read more

Yes after D&C i had alot of bleeding filled up 6 pad within the day. Also had alot of blood cloths like this.. mine was alot more. Onlf after 2nd day bleeding was lighter. Nothing to worry. Just dont stand too long i nearly fainted twice due to all the blood lossn . Take care