Hyperemesis / Nausea & Vomiting

Just got myself put on drip for a while yesterday because of the hyperemesis again. Generally not too keen on the taste of water (husband is puzzled why there's a taste to water) so I can hardly bring myself to drink plain water. So far what works is hot Milo and I'm not adding milk or sugar to it. We have a can of Milo Gao Kosong and I just mix a few spoons of this with hot water and keep it in my thermal bottle and have it every few minutes or so at night. Not the healthiest or best choice but I'll take whatever I can keep in my stomach and not get turned off. And bread. These two are what my stomach doesn't reject and I'm glad I can still eat something somehow. Hope the rest of you who's going through the same are staying strong and keeping well. :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ginger tea is the best. You can add lime to water and try it. Fruit juice is also good. you can have watermelon . Try to have more fluid. as you can't drink water

3y trước

Thanks for the tip! Family members tell me to avoid watermelon, but with my current condition, I'll probably eat a small piece if it does help. Right now managing the nausea is top on my list.

hyperemesis gravidarum sucks big time. I wish there were more to help 😢

3y trước

Oh okay! Thank you :)