Covid during first trimester

Got covid and I’m at 9 weeks. I’ve read that this would mean there’s high risk of miscarriage and this got me super worried. Anyone shares the same experience? Also, any tips on staying healthy during this time?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey mama, I got Covid at my 20th week and called my gynae. She reassured me there’s no cause for concern so long as I don’t have breathlessness or high fever, and I can stay home and recover rather than potentially expose myself to more things at the clinic or hospital. My symptoms stayed mild thankfully - cough and sore throat. Gynae said paracetamol and Zyrtec are safe to take during home recovery if need be (try to avoid Panadol flu tho). I decided not to take as my symptoms stayed mild, and I got a lot of rest and stayed hydrated. For peace of mind I went for an extra scan at 22 weeks and all was good w baby. Am now 34 half weeks :) Gynae says it’s common for her mummies to get Covid as our immunity may lower, but all her patients have been fine. Try not to worry too much and milk all the extra rest from work and housework etc haha ❤️ Good news is baby will get extra antibodies in utero too :)

Read more

I was infected with covid during the 3rd month (in March 22) and again, before end July. Gynae shared that it doesn't affect the baby, and instead, the antibodies will be passed to the little one. Don’t worry alright? As advised by MOH officer & doctor who checked in with me during recovery, any difficulty in breathing, chest pain, vomiting 👉 call 995. If you're experiencing mild fever, better to inform the doctor who called to check in on you. They will advise further. get well soon!

Read more
2y trước

Thanks a lot! Gotta stay safe for the little one too

I had Covid at 9 weeks too. I was already a high risk pregnancy since I had an MC previously, however I was given meds and was told to recover at home. I recovered and baby was absolutely fine. now I'm 36 weeks, gg to deliver next week. so dun worie, just make sure you hydrate yourself, rest well and take the meds they have prescribed. If you feel anything out of ordinary, immediately go and see your gyne...

Read more

Not exactly the same as you. I contracted at 19 weeks, went to see a GP and took both ART and PCR according to MOH current protocol. Given some medications but was also admitted to a hosp by MOH because I hve diabetes and considered high risk. But from what I hear from other preggy mummies without diabetes, so far everyone is just placed on home recovery

Read more
2y trước

Yep that’s what happened to me - just placed on home recovery. Thankfully all is well right now and I am nearly fully recovered. Hope all is well with you!

if you're having fever , symptoms like sore throat, take ART confirm results po+ . during my first pregnancy I do not have COVID n still had miscarriage due to stress ! please don't stress yourself stop thinking too much ! take enough supplements n medication for your pregnancy n you're good to go .

Read more

I had Covid when i was 4 weeks pregnant. Not to sure if that’s the cause as to why my baby stop growing at 7 weeks. Just head over to doctor to have a peace of mind, mama! Hope all is well for you and baby xx