Feeling sad

Going to go back work soon. The thoughts of not being able to see my daughter every night kills me. Any working mum have any advices?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

I’ve been there, and will have to go through that a second time too. It’s very hard. Had to survive on photos and videos sent by my husband, then when my LO got older, I would video call them while at work. If I was coming home that day but late, I would literally run like a mad woman to my house just to catch my daughter for the last 5 minutes while she was awake. Then while pumping milk at work, I would just look at photos on my phone to motivate me to continue pumping even though I was so tired. If I got home earlier in the evening, I would latch my LO for as long as she wanted and cuddle her. I never got upset about night feeds if she wanted it. After I stopped breastfeeding, because there was no more night bonding, I tried as hard as I can to be able to come home to see my LO, and I would push aside my tiredness to spend quality time with her. You’ll finetune how you connect with your LO, whether at home or at work. And it’s also fun to see your LO’s expression when you come home. When my elder daughter squealed when she saw me come home one day, my heart melted, and I’m so glad my husband happened to be videoing her at that moment. I still watch the video now and then, even after 3 years 😂 Hope you won’t be too sad. You’re doing a great job as a working mum!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Thanks for your advice! :) I am doing rotating shift work so I had to keep LO at my mum's house. Cant latch her often too. :( Guess have to keep more photos and video of her.

Read more