Gbs positive

My GBS swab test came out positive however gynae mention it’s a light one and nothing to be done for now. Just that they will drip me antibiotic during labor itself. Anybody GBS + but delivered a healthy baby ? Altho gynae told me nothing concerning im still concerned for baby. #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a first time mum and had positive for GBS too and delivered a healthy baby, and so did my sis in law, who was also positive, gave birth to a healthy baby. I guess just make sure you in labour in hospital then at home cause you need antibiotics the right time to prevent passing GBS.

I have GBS as well, and my gynae assured me that it's nothing to worry about, they will just administer anti biotics during birth to make sure it doesn't affect the baby.

Had GBS too. Delivery happened too fast so they didnt manage to give me antibiotics. They told me to check for symptoms but luckily my baby wasnt infected or anything.

I had gbs too and my baby is healthy. They will insert antibiotic for u, just remind them again when u get admitted!