G6PD DEFICIENT

Hello. Hello. Any G6PD deficient kids here? Looking to connect and perhaps organize play date for them

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Influencer của TAP

Here's what G6PD deficiency means:   What Is G6PD Deficiency? G6PD deficiency is a genetic disorder that most often affects males. It happens when the body doesn't have enough of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD). G6PD helps red blood cells work. It also protects them from substances in the blood that could harm them. In people with G6PD deficiency, either the red blood cells do not make enough G6PD or what they do make doesn't work as it should. Without enough G6PD to protect them, the red blood cells break apart. This is called hemolysis (hih-MOL-ih-sis). When many red blood cells are destroyed, a person can develop hemolytic (hee-meh-LIH-tik) anemia. This can cause tiredness, dizziness, and other symptoms.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Hello hello my boy have it too , he’s currently 14 mths and pd said try to avoid beans so I do. And so far so good .. play date sounds good ^^

👋 My first born has G6PD. He is now 10 years and thankful to God he is healthy smart and active. No sign of allergy.🙏

Thành viên VIP

Hello 👋 me My kid has G6PD but luckily there’s no signs of allergies or anything for now! Sure sure 😊

Thành viên VIP

Mind sharing what’s G6PD deficient?

Thành viên VIP

hi.. can i know what is that??