Manual vs Electric Breast pump

Hi all! FTM here. How do you know which pump is suitable? I’m planning to get the electric breast pump but WHAT IF i can’t produce my own milk for my baby? Will it be a waste of money to get the electric one? My concern right now. If i were to get manual and i can provide breast milk to baby, i will eventually get the electric one too. So what is your best advice out there parents?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Typically u wld be able to produce milk, just a matter of whether u can produce enough. It's usually best with an electric pump because it's definitely much faster and less tiring. I'm an undersupplier and I hardly get anything with a manual pump but I cld get 150ml with an electric pump for a 15-20 min session. I did all I cld to increase supply from eating lactation cookies, eating supplements and also pumping aft latching. Having an electric pump makes it easier for me when I have to keep pumping every 3-4 hours aft baby latches in the first 3 months. Can't imagine doing it on a manual pump! So yes having a good electric pump is a very good investment esp if you're really committed to giving ur baby your breastmilk. I recommend Spectra S1 and if u want sth small for work eventually, Baby Buddha has an incredible suction.

Read more