4 Replies

Speaking from my own point of view and given the option twice to do induce for both kids. You do what suits you best. My first child, I was 3 cm dilated and I hold for 1 week to see of any sign of labour. But, none 🥹 So I proceed with induce and I was in labour about 17 hrs +/- I took gas, jab and epidural. But was on vacuum assisted delivery because baby's heartbeat drop and head was big to be out. I didn't choose c section because it will be too late. I give birth 41 weeks 1 day. My second child, I was also 3 cm dilated at 40 weeks. But I was schedule induced next day. Something happened, therefore no induced and no bed until next day. That point of time I had mild contractions (which I didn't know 🤷🏻‍♀️) Fast forward after about 12 hrs +/- in labour, I took epidural and I give birth next day at 40 weeks 2 days. I would say induce will be last option because it can be pretty long to dilate after waterbag break. Every cm opening will take 1 hr more. So, if up till 10 cm to dilate? (You can count) And if your pain tolerance level not high enough, you will request for what I requested based on my first child. It can be draining you out with energy. But on the other hand, it may/may not work if your body don't cooperate well. You have to know other birth plan method should anything don't go your way. As long as baby and you are doing okay, healthy then good for you. As much as it is tiring for us carrying for 9 months, just trust what your body can do, your motherly instinct, what suits you best. Your go to opinion will be yourself and spouse (but 100% final decision will be you)

based on experience, if i was given a choice again i wouldn’t induce. it was too painful for me to bear. i was also asked to induce as baby was 3.3kg in the end she came out to be 2.8kg so scans wasn’t accurate. i had a long labour of 12 excruciating hours and had to succumb to epi in the end. baby still didn’t want to come out after being fully dilated and had to be vaccuumed out and they had to snip me. i had a huge tear and cervix was too soft for them to stitch they had to stitch me several times. then again, up to u mummy! u know ur body best!

If i were given a choice i wouldn't go for induce as it was a long labor for me was ( given 24hrs to dialate 3cm and doc decide to burst my waterbag) (given another 12 hrs to dialate ending up with only 4cm ) unprogressive. ending up with Emergency Csect due to avoid baby getting infection etc lah, and had to be supervised in high dependency ward for 24hrs after surgery. follow ur heart, go natural, ur baby and body will know when it's time to go. 🤍

hi dear have you given birth yet? if not try asking for membrane sweep.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles