Miscarriage? No heart beat...

Found out my baby's heart was not beating today at 25 weeks 4 days throu routine gyane appointment. Was sent to hospital to do a second scan to confirm & there is no heart beat. Report says that baby might have stop developing 22-23 weeks & legs are becoming smaller. So i have to wait another day til Monday to pass my gyane the report. Can someone tell me what I should do or expect? I have no bleeding or cramp at all. But 2 weeks ago I felt lik there is less movement. #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I lost my previous pregnancy due to no heartbeat as well at about 24 weeks after suspecting no movement for 1-2 days. Went to kkh for a scan and found no heart beat. got induced on the same day. After a post mortem test, they found blood clot in the umbilical cord which likely is the cause. Now I’m on blood thinner (asprin and clexane) daily to support my current pregnancy. If you decided to induce labour, suggest to take all possible test (blood test and post mortem) to find out the possible reason although they may tel you sometimes there is no reason before you go for the test.

Read more

Am facing the same as u too dear.. im currently 18 weeks and have gone to 2nd opinion as well.. next monday.. will be warded and induce to labour.. if everything is out then there wont be a need for surgical cleaning and can go home the next day.. if not need to.stay for one more day depending on the slot of the operation theatre..

Read more

Maybe getting 2nd opinion to assure yourself and have closure on any worst case scenario would help, no words or comfort would be enough for any loss since myself have experienced 2 miscarriages.. Rmb its okay to be sad and take time to mourn and probably ask doc reason it happened so as to prep yourself for the next, stay strong!

Read more

So sorry you have to go through this...do take 2nd opinion. Were all tests like OSCAR, NIPT & scans before were normal...did gyane tell what cud be the reason.

try posting this at FB for young mums singapore. you can be anon there too. more replies there my dear and many experience.

so sorry for your loss 😢