16 Replies

You can use an over the counter pregnancy test kit to check once you missed your period by 7 days. If results are negative, take another test 3 days later. Use first morning pee as that has the highest amount of hcg. Alternatively, you can go to a clinic/gynae to do a blood test to confirm. I did mine at Week 4.

Actually depending on gynae also, I had called a clinic before and they mentioned I was too early also no point cause won’t be able to see anything and ask me to come back few weeks later. Another clinic I went , they took my blood test to see how far along I was.

I went for my first gynae check-up at week 8 'cos go too early also no use, ultrasound can only see yolk and the sac but no heartbeat at such early weeks. Week 8 onwards then can see fetal heartbeat which is then the real confirmation that your fetus is viable.

After week 8. meanwhile take folic acid which can be purchased off the shelves. because week 5-6, can only see sac. from week 8 onwards got heartbeat. I need to do a repeated scan because I went in at week 6 , only sac and no baby

if you have missed your period by 7 days/took a over the counter preg test kit, you can go polyc for a consultation especially if you going thru the subsidise route

I went to GP for beta hcg blood test to confirm my pregnancy after testing positive on pee kit. Then I called up my gynae to arrange week 8 (first appt) scan.

I went to see a gynae when I was week 8. Used clear blue pregnancy test kit at home for 3 days to double confirm my pregnancy 3 weeks before I see gynae 😂

Can take a blood test if you don’t wanna wait till after you missed period.

Hmm, maybe plus minus around the day your period came last month?

I sent at wk5 and they made me take urine + blood test to confirm

TapFluencer

Week 8 for the first scan to confirm.

Trending Questions

Related Articles