How do I count pregnancy week? Planning to see polyclinic for referral letter. When is first scan?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, You can calculate your estimated due date(EDD) from first day of your last menstrual period. It will give you a rough idea how many weeks are you at. There is not specific timing on when you should see polyclinic. They will give you a referral to KKH/SGH/NUH based on your preference. If your going for subsidies route, the appointment normally comes 2-3weeks time. Best time to scan your foetus heartbeat is 6-8weeks. Hope that clarifies your enquiry. All the best on your pregnancy ya😊. Take care.

Read more

Usually from LMP. Follow the week and EDD on your first scan. Some people go at week 6, depending on how early you found out about your pregnancy. Best to go at week 8 as anything before that might be too early to show on scan. 😊

Influencer của TAP

Calculate from your last day of menstrual period. I went to poly to get a referral and got my first scan at KKH at 9 weeks.

1y trước

You're most welcome! :)

Visited my gynae right after i knew i am pregnant. I was 6 weeks and baby has already heartbeat. 😌

usually can do first scan from 8 weeks onward. too early usually cannot see anything

I went to gynae straight when I was 6 weeks. Able to see the fetus and sac.