Heart Palpitations in early pregnancy

hi, first time mom-to-be at 5 weeks here! I am having heart palpitations and it sure feels like my heart is coming out of my chest! I had a long exhausting day today. Could it be because of that or is it normal in early pregnancy? Should i be worried?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also experienced that in my early pregnancy, even went to see a cardiologist and did ECG 😄. But the doctor say it's normal to experience heart palpitations in pregnancy, unless you feel chest tightness, feeling breathless and heart rate is very fast. Otherwise, dont worry too much about it.

i feel just for a piece of mind u should highlight this to a doc...doesnt mean pregnant so normal to feel chest tightness. I have 2 kids n in both pregnancy i did not hv this, especially when ur only 1 month pregnant. Please seek medical advice

there will be many changes during your pregnancy, including your heart rate. but im not sure about cheat tightness because i don't experience that at all. maybe you should let your gynae know about it.

Mummies heart rates will increase during pregnancy, but u shouldn’t be feeling chest tightness. Check in with your gynae for peace of mind. Take care ❤️

Had this two days back like my heart is dropping out. Monitor for 30mins if not OK pls go to hospital.

it’s normal. don’t worry too much. long way to go