Breastfeeding Pain 😣😣

This is my first time breastfeeding with my second born. I have been breastfeeding since she's born. But why does it still hurt so bad especially when she just started latching on. Am I doing it wrong?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hi mama, breastfeeding is tough and I can totally empathise. But hang in there....you’re doing well and you’ve got this. You know when baby is searching for your nipple and suddenly they do this weird thing with their head and their mouth opens really wide? Sandwich your breast with one hand while holding your baby’s head with the other hand. Your baby’s mouth should cover the areola as well. That’s where the reservoirs containing milk are and baby squeezing down on that releases milk through the openings in your nipple. Also, if you can borrow the book Latch by Robin Kaplan it’s a quick read with lots of pictures to help you :) Hope you find this useful :)

Read more

Apply nipple cream after each breastfeeding session. It will help with to heal nipple crack and lessen the pain. However, you might want to wipe the nipple right before breastfeeding, I found my baby doesn’t like the taste/smell of the nipple cream. She’ll refuse to latch if I haven’t wiped them 😅

Influencer của TAP

first 2 month of breastfeeding life isn't easy you got to hang on just spam nipple cream. after awhile it won't hurt anymore

Super Mom

The latch could be shallow. Try pushing more of the nipple and areola into the mouth gently

4y trước

Oh, okay. I'll try that later. Thanks

Thành viên VIP

💪