1kg fetal weight gain in 2 weeks

Hi! It’s my first pregnancy and I’m just wondering if it is possible that my baby will gain 1kg in just 2 weeks? I’ve seen my OB in SG last Dec 30 (I’m 34 weeks pregnant), the estimated fetal weight is 2.3kg. Now I am currently 36 weeks and visited another OB in Philippines and to my surprise the estimated fetal weight is 3.3kg. I am just worried that my baby will become overweight. Abyone has the same experience? #advicepls #1stimemom #pregnancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

On average the baby should gain around 400-500g every week from 30th week So I think it’s normal. My gynae says 28-34 weeks is the most crucial fetal growth period. Which means the growth will be exponential during those weeks. As long as the growth percentile rises steadily during every checkup during last trimester (like mine was 25th percentile at 30 weeks, 30th percentile at 32 weeks) he is happy with the growth. Unless the percentile suddenly drop or stagnate, he is not worried. You can ask your OB whether 3.3kg is in which weight gain percentile? Versus 2.3kg at 34 weeks pregnant. I’m sure your OB will advise you accordingly n whether you need to reduce your food diet in the last few weeks, etc

Read more
2y trước

Thank you 🙏