20 week detailed scan

This is my first pregnancy & ill be going to my 20w detailed scan tomorrow @ KKH. Do we need to have full bladder or drink lots of water? Or its not necessary.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can have normal morning breakfast, soy milk. Talk to your baby make sure during check baby not asleep otherwise it will be quite long for them to check on the necessary. I was ask to make a return the following day because they couldn't check on baby's spine as baby was not in a good position to detect.

Read more
12mo trước

It depends on some individual. Can do soy milk, milo, sweet drinks, tea plain water. Whatever suits as long as baby's not asleep. However, if baby's asleep then you got to wait for awhile.

did mine a few months back at KKH and I was asked to try to empty my bladder because full bladder can caused some shadows that will affect the imaging. Bring something sweet or cold to drink, just in case if sonographer need the baby to move during the scan.

Full bladder helps with clearer scans! I have received many tips from other mummies to drink a cup of ice Milo (or any cold drink) before your scan so baby will be slightly more active

Yes, has to do it will full bladder, otherwise it will be hard to get the ultrasound clearly… I didn’t have a full bladder when I was in and was asked to drink more.

Hello! You can also refer to this article for more information: https://sg.theasianparent.com/anomaly-scan

not necessary but can bring a small bottle of water with you incase the nurse need you to drink some water.

after detailed scan @kkh still need go clinic C? my next appt I need to do this too.

12mo trước

Yes from ADC to Clinic for consultation.

Not necessary just look like ultrasound but scan all the baby body.