Hope for heartbeat and fetus grow

My first check up went well heartbeat detected, gynae told me tht fetus is 5week4days (according the fetus size) Had my 2nd check up after one month and they told me no heartbeat and fetus is the same size not growing. They gave me few choices.. first choice is to wait two weeks and come back do the scan and decide, 2nd choice D&C 3rd choice is take pill and it will naturally drop by itself. But doc recommended me with 3rd choice bc I can’t afford to do another D&C cos I miscarriage once and did D&C. I’m sad and really down ! What should I do now ? Any hope if I return after 2weeks ? Mummies any advice.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to seek 2nd opinion first. If the answer is the same then you have no choice but to choose. I did that and got the same answer, sac is of the same size even after 2 weeks and not showing any signs of growth. I opted for D&C but the day before the surgery, it came out naturally instead.

3y trước

Dilation and curettage (D&C) is a procedure to remove tissue from inside your uterus.

Please seek second opinion before deciding. It might help with the grieving process (if it’s really not growing) knowing that you have done all that you could. Hang in there mummy.. hugs.