Mil taking care of baby chores

Felt abit sad, jealous and disappointed. My baby was just born 3 weeks ago and pregnancy wasn't easy for me either due to various complications. Gynae also warned about a second pregnancy. Mother in law was very nice to agree to take care of the baby for 4 months but since the first day I realised that I wasn't allowed any together time with my baby at all. I wanted to change his diaper but she will fight to do it. I wanted to breastfeed but she will keep asking me to pump my milk and let her feed or she will just go to the kitchen and give the baby milk powder. I have been telling her so many times and even explained to my husband at least let me breastfeed for the first month so that I can get some time alone with my baby because I don't even get to see him at all,your mom is basically doing all the chores for the baby including taking care of him at night & I only get to see the baby when he's sleeping. ended up my husband still asked me the same question again every time if can breast pump or feed baby milk powder. i literally broke down and cried. I know I should be thankful that someone is willing to help out throughout my maternity leave to take care of my baby's welfare and household chores. But neither do I wanted to not be able to spend any time with the baby at all. The feeling is so weird,it's like the baby was hers and not mine anymore.. Its getting stressful for me, not sure how I could make myself feel better anymore.. #1stimemom #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I think they just trying to lessen your burden so that you won’t be so tired. Try to be positive since usually our hormones has gone haywire during this period of time, try not to let this affect your mental health, this stress may give u baby blue. Jiayou!

3y trước

thank u 💜 will keep trying to stay positive💜