4 Replies

Hi there, I’m 31 weeks pregnant and pre-pregnancy weight was 44kg. Now I’m at 59kg. Gained about 15kg so far. But my gynae didn’t mention anything about weight gain though. She did say don’t have to worry as long as I do not have gestational diabetes. This is my 2nd pregnancy. 1st pregnancy, I was also 44kg pre-pregnancy and on the day I gave birth I was about 63kg? So about 19kg of weight gain. Everyone is different! Don’t compare yourself with other mummies :) as long as baby is healthy and you’re healthy. It’s all that matters! Maybe can check with your gynae, is there anything you should look out for? All the best!

Thank you for sharing. Your words brings lots of comfort 🙏

I was around 52/53kg 160cm pre preggy, rn at 34 weeks and I gained about 11/12kg. I also had bad appetite in my first and my current third tri, still gained about that much 🤷🏻‍♀️ Idk how did other mummies in the group chat that you are in say they only gained 4kg after 30 weeks of pregnancy…? @.@ that’s a quite low amount of weight gain. As of now just follow your gynae’s advice and avoid whatever he/she asks you to! Don’t worry too much! You are doing great :)

Hi, I have gained 14kg at 35 weeks. My hope is to gain at most 15kg during pregnancy and it seems almost impossible at this point of time. Feeling insecure about this as well but trying to remind myself that the health of baby and mother is the most important. Continue to eat healthy and prob go for walks/ exercise. We can do it!

Hi, when i had my 1st baby i gained 17kg in 8mths but good news, you will naturally lose all of those within 8months post natal. I lost 5kg after the c section surgery. As long as baby is healthy!

I started my weight at 50kg, 157cm. At the end of pregnancy i was 67kg and as insecure. But im back to 50kg naturally after 8mths post natal. Breastfeeding or pumping milk really helps in losing weight!! But do what you can.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles