Pil gender bias

Feeling so frustrated with my inlaws … when my husband and I broke the news that we were pregnant with #1, the first thing out my mil mouth is “hope that its a boy”. Omg!!! I felt so irritated then as I felt that no matter if its a girl or boy I will love them equally the same. Fast forward 20 weeks later, we confirmed that we were having a baby boy. And of course, pil were so happy they started clapping in a restaurant. Is it weird that I feel annoyed by their actions? In my mind, its if u want a boy then why not have another one yourself….

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same here.. >.< for me it's my FIL, even before we got pregnant, he was already assuming that our future kid will be a boy because supposedly the boy genes in his family very strong. When we announced our pregnancy, such comments became even more frequent and how he wld dream of a little boy etc. I just felt so worried constantly abt the gender cos it feels like if my kid was a girl he wont love her the same :(( but thankfully the other 3 grandparents really didn't have any preference abt the gender. tho eventually we found out our baby is a boy and of course right to his prediction and preference.. I just felt regretful and guilty that I am affected by him so much so that I did wish for a boy so at least he can stop shoving it in my face that he wants a boy. :(

Read more