Pil gender bias

Feeling so frustrated with my inlaws … when my husband and I broke the news that we were pregnant with #1, the first thing out my mil mouth is “hope that its a boy”. Omg!!! I felt so irritated then as I felt that no matter if its a girl or boy I will love them equally the same. Fast forward 20 weeks later, we confirmed that we were having a baby boy. And of course, pil were so happy they started clapping in a restaurant. Is it weird that I feel annoyed by their actions? In my mind, its if u want a boy then why not have another one yourself….

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Woah i feel you! Before i even got pregnant, my FIL was already showing all sort of "patterns" to indirectly/directly pressure us for a grandson! We wasn't planning for a kid then and every single meetup we will be questioned if there's any good news for him 😒 When i am finally pregnant, my PIL kept asking for the gender. Both of us just replied them "doesn't matter as we have ni preference". And guess their reaction! They start to assume it's not a boy so we didn't dare to tell them the answer. Started saying things like "oh girl also not bad la.." then "nvm try again". IT'S SO ANNOYING! When we answered, it's not a girl...they were super happy. At that moment, i secretly hope that i am carrying girl. Then i will tell them "we have no plan for a 2nd one".

Read more