How to decide normal delivery or c section

Hello Everyone I’m in 32nd week of my pregnancy and my doctor said everything is fine , the baby position , placenta etc When asked about type of delivery Seems my doctor is more interested in C section and trying to avoid normal delivery , though asking me for my preference As a first timer I’m trying to understand how should I decide which option should I choose if no complication?? Also I m bit scared of pains but cannot decide on type of delivery to opt for Will c section healing, anaesthesia in spine and stitches be bearable or will the labour pain be better ( although I understand every women is different and so is the pain ) Can please guide me based on personal experience Appreciate your guidance

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My first pregnancy is natural… i have no issue with pain, coz i went for epidural. So it went smoothly. Healing is faster too, can start to do postnatal massage right after. And slim down faster. Get to experience your new born almost immediately. Just have to bear with the contractions before epidural, which to me, not so much of pain issue. But again, (touchwood) if there’s any complications during natural birth, will then send for c-section, but chances is not super high. Depending on your pre existing condition and doctor’s recommendation.

Read more