Can i drink normal milk and not taking preg mum milk?

Hi everyone , i would like to ask your opinion, i only drank twice for preg milk , and i dont like it. Is it okay if i drink like HL or low fat milk or any milk ? Does it affect the baby growth or anything? I feel bit guilty for not drinking preg milk. #advicepls #1stimemom #firstbaby

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don’t feel bad momma! Milk for pregnancy would help you with iron, calcium, folic acid, etc. it’s basically like a all in one drink to help you. I too didn’t like the taste of it. So this what I did - 1) FOR VITAMIN BOOSTER - consume chewable prenatal multi vitamins 2) FOR BABY BRAIN DEVELOPMENT -consume prenatal fish oil supplements 3) CALCIUM FOR BABY’s BONES - drink at least 400ml soy/almond milk every morning - if you don’t like soy, & rather drink cow milk, you’ll have to double the intake to 800ml cause animal milk has lower calcium compared to plant based milk. (You can check the back of the milk cartons & compare when you go grocery shopping) 4) IRON TO ENSURE SUFFICIENT BLOOD - eat 1 portion of meat/ 3 cups of cooked spinach everyday I am super careful with what I consume & I find pregnancy milk to be high in sugar & I’d rather consume what I can see for myself what’s in the food. I did this for my first pregnancy and for my current 2nd as well. My 1st born is now 2.5yo & he is extremely healthy. Doesn’t fall sick when he goes for his inoculations. So best is to always nourish yourself with the right foods during pregnancy so LO grows healthy. All the best!

Read more
2y trước

Sure! For prenatal fish oil I’m taking ‘Minami Nutrition Supercritical Prenatal, Omega 3 Fish Oil Lemon Flavour’ and for multi vitamins I’m taking ‘Garden of Life, MyKind Organics, Prenatal, Berry, Vegan Gummy Drops’. During my first I had to search high and low for them but found out I can get them from IHerb. These gummies helped me through my difficult morning sickness and also during postpartum. Hope they serve you well too!