Ever after having baby, my relationship with my Husband worsen. My Husband is a mummy's boy, and he consult to his mum for everything! Even if my LO can be fed or not! He always mentioned that his mum is very tired because his mum take care of our LO at night but I do not feel appreciated as I have to keep pumping for more milk for my LO. It doesn't help when I went back to work 2.5 months pp. we are on the verge of divorce now... :(

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, i am sorry to hear that you are facing such a situation. Some of my friends had their marriage really tested from the time that baby is born. But i think that a bobby will highlight underlying issues and these are issures that exist before baby was here and just made more obvious. Firstly i think that it is good and important for you to let him know that you need a cooling period and not hat he claims. I don't think you should consider divorce if him because that would give your baby an instant broken family from the first year on and its really not good for the baby. I think that you need to slowly psychology him that when a man marrying a woman, he needs to leave his hous and be joint to his wife. A bit biblical i would say but that is so important. Not the leave as in don't care but as in the authority. Have control over himself and over the household and don't always ask or rely on other people. Its definitely tough for his Mother to look after baby but its also tough on u to have a bf journey too. I think its issues in the marriage and if you need help, engage a marriage counsellor who can mediate and advise more and give constructive and practical advices. U know what kind of a man he is before you marry him so after marriage all things just gets worse and amplified. So work on the marriage, don't throw it in so quickly. Marriage is about commitment and always choosing each other even when u don't feel like it. In short, jiayou. Work on the marriage. Have a counsellor to mediate to get this ideas right and also to adjust ur expectations too because it takes 2 hands to clap

Read more