Do you feed your baby when baby is awake and has hunger cues or only when baby starts crying?

E.g if it’s already 1.5-2 hours which is usual baby hungry time and has hunger cues Or wait will only after baby starts crying for milk? Thanks! #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me it depends, and baby at which month, if still newborn, i would give once he shows hungry cues. Now my baby at 3 months i try to drag a little until he make sound then ill feed cs sometimes he dont finish his milk so i try to give him when he’s really hungry. And yup before 2.5m i feed him every 1.5-2hrs

Read more

For me, will prepare milk when baby shows hunger cues and feed when baby starts crying. But not the screaming kind of crying, the fussing kind of crying. If baby is too frustrated they can't drink properly. But if baby is not hungry enough, he will only snack on his milk.

I will give when baby smacks her lips (almost feeding time) or when she whines (not cry). As I give fridge cold milk, I can wait out a little since I don’t have to make milk.

I usually wait