Pregnancy Runners/Joggers

My doc told me avoid running and can go for swimming or quick walk. But running has always been one of my daily exercises (morning run at least 30 mins daily) and hit the gym very often. Any mummies still run during pregnancy? Is it safe? #pleasehelp

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i was running every single day for 1 year plus... at least 4km..some days 10km+, a few occasions 24km.. so I thought that I can run as when u Google they say that if you are actively running you can contd to run during pregnancy. my gynae did advise not to during first trimester. I didn't follow his advice because I thought I was super active before pregnancy and thought that I can continue. but I was wrong as I had a miscarriage at week 10. although they didn't say that the reason was due to running. i am pregnant again after a few months and totally avoid any strenuous exercises.. only walking now.. currently going week 30...I suggest that better listen to your gynae so that there will be no regrets

Read more

listen to your gynae. everybody pregnancy is different. Do not assume others can do it so can you. Do not do something to risk your pregnancy and then regret.

pls listen to your doc.. don't do sth that u may regret in the future.. as for gym, best is to have those prenatal coach to guide u along what is good for u..

i think some mummies do run but your gynae might have advised you based on the condition of your pregnancy.. do you want to risk your pregnancy?

If your doc had specifically said not to, I don't think you want to risk your pregnancy... gymming is fine but modifications need to be done.