Do you need to bring a breast pump to the hospital when you deliver? Or does the hospital give you one to use?

77 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't have to, milk doesn't kick in until the 3rd or 4th day. Also some hospitals do not provide sterilization service, better to check with the hospital you're delivering at.

Thành viên VIP

You can rent the pump machine from the hosp. But they will charge you for the disposable items(Tubes,flanges & bottles) Or you can bring your own pump and bottles too

Read more

as i know the hospital can let u borrow it.i remember my baby was hospitalise due to jointdice and they ask me to pump and they will help me store so i can go home n rest.

I brought to stimulate milk flow and lucky i did. My baby was in NICU and i was not allowed to latch him. Hospital is available but subject to availability

I did bring the breast pump along as my baby don’t really latch. The staff (from Thomson medical) will also teach u how to use breast pump correctly too.

Thành viên VIP

Chances are you won’t have to use it. Skip if you have too many stuff. Also try to establish latching in the early days, so let the breast pump wait

I did not bring it along. I latched baby directly. And there was no problem. I started getting engorge on the third day after discharge only.

Actually you dont really need to bring a breast pump cause once you discharge from the hospital there is alot of thing you will need to carry

Not planning to bring mine as gynae told me that usually FTM the breast milk flow won’t be too much. Just constantly latch your baby

Nah the baby is the pumper 😂😂😂 bring too much stuff is bulky. And first few days normally not much flow, Only colostrum