Empty sac at 4 week? Any experience?

Did transvaginal scan and gynae can only see an empty sac however he say might be too early to tell. Based on last menses it should be 7-8weeks but based on last intercourse it should be just 4 weeks which match the size of sac. But i have been bleeding quite a bit and am on medication. Any mummies experienced this?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's not uncommon for a transvaginal scan to show an empty sac early in pregnancy, especially if you are earlier along than expected based on your last menstrual period. Bleeding during pregnancy can be concerning, but it doesn't always mean a negative outcome. It's good that your gynecologist mentioned it might be too early to tell. If you are experiencing bleeding and are on medication, it's important to follow your doctor's advice closely and keep them informed of any changes. Some women do experience bleeding during pregnancy and go on to have healthy pregnancies, while for others it may indicate a potential issue. Every pregnancy is different, and experiences vary among mothers. It may help to connect with other mothers who have gone through similar situations for support and shared experiences. If you have any concerns or if the bleeding persists or worsens, don't hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider for further guidance and monitoring. Remember to take care of yourself and prioritize your well-being during this time. If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to discuss them with your doctor for personalized advice and support. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

hi there. ive experienced this before. empty sac at 4th weeks, come again at 9 weeks, got yolk sac. but i was already bleeding. doctor told me the pregnancy still on as there's yolk sac. that night, i had a bad cramps and bad bleeding. went to KKH, and the doctor removed the sac and the pain stop. then i realised its a miscarriage. doctor told me its just due to abnormal pregnancy, and our body detect it early thus the body stop the pregnancies. 3 months after miscarriage, im pregnant again. and now waiting for delivery. this is my first pregnancy after 9 yrs of waiting.

Read more

Hi, based on lmp can be inaccurate! Thats what doc told em too cause some people ovulate on time, some ovulate later. As for me, i ovulated late so the size does not tally with lmp. Suppose to be 7 weeks but was only 4-5 weeks and can see nothing. So i came back 2 weeks later (the only thing they can do), there it is, a little fetus! To see something best would be 7-8 weeks. If lucky might even see heartbeat. Baby is now healthy 9 months old! Dont worry too much as itll make you even more stress.

Read more

expereinde this before... based on lmp/date of intercouse is not accurate. suggest to wait for another 3-4 weeks for a repeated scan then can see the yolk. now is still early stage so it's just without a fetal pole. meanwhile eat the medicine that was prescribed.

yup... I'm scared as well but always pray for the best. lil one only appear after 2 more weeks in scan. as long your blood test show U positive Preggy, just pray and stay safe. wish U the best.

Week 4 empty sac is normal. And your lmp may not be accurate if you have irregular period. Check again on week 7-8 and you should be able to see something plus baby heartbeat by then.

Read more

LMP shows wk 7 day 2. but today first scan shows 5 weeks or maybe not growing. doing blood test to check HCG hormone, and another one on sat morning. hopefully there's miracle

💕