5.5 weeks

Dear mummies, I am 5.5 weeks pregnant now. I called up for a gyne appointment, but the nurse told me is too early to see the doctor. Instead, she asks me to wait until 7 weeks. Is this true that I'm too early? I am a bit worry because I don't have any guidance for now, like how to deal with nausea, any supplement I should take, etc. Is there anything I should caution or take note of until I meet him?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes way too early. You may never get to see your fetal just yet as it's way too small to be seen on the ultrasound. But if you want to base your pregnancy on your LMP it may not be accurate. You could also be later than 5.5 weeks. BEST time to do an ultrasound is 8 weeks & above. For now take folic acid only. Can buy at pharmacies. Don't take any other supplements until you've seen a gynae cos not all supplements are suitable as our needs are different from others. For nausea there's actually nothing much you can do. Just eat bland foods and drink as much as you else you'll be dehydrated. You may want to get yourself an anti sea-sick band at the Guardian/Watson. Atleast it does help me with my bad morning sickness. Rest as much as you can in the early trimester. Never lift or push anything heavy.

Read more
3y trước

Thank you so much for your advise. really appreciate a lot 😊