My biggest fear is choking

Hi….my daughter is 17 months I'm scared to give her solid foods like chopped fruits and veggies,pasta,bread slice toast,biscuits…now I’m giving semi puree form food…my biggest fear is her choking ! what's somthing I can start her off with?and how can i over come this fear🙁

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

the way to overcome this fear is to let them try and you witnessing that they can do it. my 9 month old is already eating all those you mentioned, very seldom puréed food already. watch videos for inspiration, then decide what foods are best and easy for you that makes you less worried. also learn the difference between gagging and choking, and watch how to do infant CPR just in case. the more prepared you are the more confident you can be.

Read more

you can take a look at @solidstarts on instagram, they have very comprehensive guides on how to introduce solids safely. they even break down to cut different types of food for different age groups. they also have a guide on infant CPR, and how to differentiate gagging from choking. you’ll feel more confident once you are equipped with the right knowledge! jiayou mummy

Read more

I think should start to introduce solids already cause it may cause speech delay as they are unable to chew and develop well. Just try to chop into small pieces but allow her to feel the texture and solidness.