Shared Finances during pregnancy

Curious for other families. If you and your husb have almost similar income, do you go 50-50 on all the hosp and medical bills or do the husb contribute more since we are the 1 carrying a the baby. Right now I am also going on hospital visits alone and husb only goes on "important" scans. As I am the 1 doing hospital trips by myself, which is tiring just driving to and fro and as I am high risk, I need to go down more frequently. And I am also the 1 going thru all preggy changes and symptoms. I am not complaining but curious to how other couples manage and share their baby finances and see which are good and useful to adopt. #family #finances

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

With similar incomes, I pay my own medical bills, while we try to split for hospital bills so it wouldn't be too heavy on anyone. I still stick to this even though I have stopped working and am using my savings. However, if I feel like my funds are running low I will voice out to my husband. He do give me monthly allowance now though. Thankfully my husband's job allows him to WFH most of the time so he is able to accompany me to appointments. I don't believe in husband paying for all bills, unless u really have no money or not enough savings. Child's responsibility belongs to both parents. Although we are the ones carrying the baby, but our husbands are stress enough trying to plan for the baby and our wellbeing. Be understanding to each other.

Read more