10 Replies

With similar incomes, I pay my own medical bills, while we try to split for hospital bills so it wouldn't be too heavy on anyone. I still stick to this even though I have stopped working and am using my savings. However, if I feel like my funds are running low I will voice out to my husband. He do give me monthly allowance now though. Thankfully my husband's job allows him to WFH most of the time so he is able to accompany me to appointments. I don't believe in husband paying for all bills, unless u really have no money or not enough savings. Child's responsibility belongs to both parents. Although we are the ones carrying the baby, but our husbands are stress enough trying to plan for the baby and our wellbeing. Be understanding to each other.

In my opinion, If i'm not working then I expect my husband to pay for everything otherwise if both of us are earning about the same income I won't really need him to contribute more since baby belongs to both of us after all. It really depends on the current financial situation because he could be paying for other stuff as well. As for the gynae visits majority are like mainly q&a which barely lasts more than 15minutes plus long waiting time in between so I usually go alone except for those important scans whereby he will accompany me. I feel that it's better for him to save those half day leaves or time off for urgent cases rather than wasting his time waiting together with me.

I am also always going hospital visits alone. Now at week 34 and so far he has only accompanied me 2-3 times to the hospital. So I have been paying for all the consultations, tests, scans etc. My husband says he will pay all the fees for the labour. Sometimes I also have the thought that my husband should pay everything because I'm the one going through the pain and pregnancy changes but then again he is paying more in other areas so I try not to be calculative with him.

hi, understand what u going through. actual if u ask me, by right is husband suppose to provide full financial support however, every one have own financial problem. best to discuss n find a win-win situation. as for myself, my no 4 n no5 baby, i fully paid for my baby visit however for medisave i use my husband. when cash involve, my husband have own financial problem so i no choice but to support. anyway the baby belomg to both of u best to share burden.

Both working, he follows me to all scans and pays most of it. Sometimes when i feel bad i will pay him back abit. Even delivery total bill i also pay few thousands cause mine end up $15k+ $10k+ cash. I feel like its fine to sometimes pay half half. But ill be abit sad if its all the time cause im doing all the hard work. And ive heard mummies also go 50/50 with hub. It also depends on both agreement

Im currently not working and my husband is supporting baby finances. However, once I’m resume back to work we will go by 50-50 or whichever the expenses is higher my husband will pay and I will pay for those small expenses. I have also discussed with my husband whatever that can be used by Medisave it will be from my account.

Both of us are working. He paid for all the major expenses and went to every checkups (we scheduled them on Saturday mornings). I bought the baby clothings and essentials. If you’re not feeling ok about the arrangements, you can always voice out. It’s your family. There’s no exact right or wrong in this matter.

errr.. for our case, we do have a saving account. that both of us save monthly for our kids n the upcoming baby, I will use that account for our kids n all necessary bills. so.. is considered 50/50. well coz am working, I believe in cases that am not working maybe hubby will cover everything?

Agree with those who said that there's no right no wrong, it all depends on how u 2 feel is a fair split as everyone's situation is different

TapFluencer

our finances have been varied... too many factors

Trending Questions

Related Articles