Freebies to sign up for

Curious to know what type of freebies can we sign up for that are useful (e.g. mummy's market)? Also, what are the first few items you bought once you found out you were pregnant? First time mum here :)

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I only started purchasing in my third trimester but I did the research and compared prices for the big tix items before tt. As a FTM to a 2 mth old, I find these are my impt stuff tt help make my life easier and also the first few things I bought: Haenim UV steriliser (highly recommended!), stroller, cot, car seat, Spectra S1 breast pump, Ergobaby Omni 360 carrier. Yup, I signed up for Mummy's market freebie and bought a cot and stroller there. If u're still in ur first trimester, and if u have used Clearblue kit, go find out abt their welcome gift! A lot of useful freebies tt I'm still using. You just need to post a pic of ur positive test on ur IG and tag Clearblue. Most other freebies are tagged to insurance. U can try to sign up but may need to meet up with the agents like SG Baby club, Mighty Sprout, Bump and Pop, Great Eastern, Qiren mother club. I did meet a few also since I was looking for maternity insurance but ended up taking with my own AIA agent as the insurance can be transferred to baby upon birth. Go sign up for different brand diaper samples too. I didn't have to buy any diapers for the first mth as I had alot of samples and free ones frm friends whose babies hve outgrown. Tip: Don't buy too many newborn diapers! For clothes, buy more long sleeve rompers that have in-built mittens. I made the mistake of buying the normal rompers and bought mittens separately and by the 2nd month my baby's mittens are too small for him. Marks and Spencer have good quality sleep rompers. And don't buy too many swaddles. Observe ur lil one first if he/she is ok with swaddling and u can just buy online after birth. I hardly got to use mine as my boy hated to be swaddled. Also, as a FTM, research more on breastfeeding. I had postnatal blues because of it. While I was pregnant, all I was worried abt was labour but turns out that the postpartum period is more painful and exhausting than labour! It's not as easy as it looks.

Read more
3y trước

Thank you! This is really helpful.