Just curious... If you get fired from your job, do you have enough money saved to help tide things over for your family until you find another job?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I do freelance work so it happens every time I don't have any other work assignments, but I don't have savings to tide through much - most are spent in daily necessities, insurance and monthly expenses because I don't earn much in the first place. Instead, it's more about finding adhoc jobs to tide through that period - not just relying on savings alone! Focus groups, paid surveys, doing surveys for vouchers, house cleaning for other families, helping others shop on Taobao etc.

Read more

I have savings that should be able to tide me for at least 6 months. But my spending habits will need to change of course. Like every meal must keep to no more than $5, considering I have two kids... large portion of the savings will probably go to cc fees

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-32111)

Should be ok for me. But it still depend on how long I stay jobless 😣 That's why I feel it's always good to find multiple source of income apart from our day job if possible .

Yes. I had at least enough savings to tide over for at least 8 months. Must always save for rainy days as u will never able to predict the changing circumstances.

Still okay, keeping fingers crossed that this doesn’t happen! And thankfully we don’t overspend or have luxurious lifestyles.

Thành viên VIP

Yes, tend to keep emergency funds aside in fixed deposits but I would think max have to be re-employed by 3 months

Yes.. enough to tide through 1 year. Both me and my hubs are kiasi in terms of money so we rather save more

Nope. I doubt so. But here in Singapore there are financial aids to help you during the tide over

Yes. Tough to save when you have kids and related expenses. But having a nest egg is important.